New HEWITT-built pontoon legs carry a 2 year conditional warranty on all aluminum and aluminum welds. New Hewitt built free-standing canopies and accessories carry a 15 year conditional warranty on all aluminum and aluminum welds. A 5 year conditional warranty on vinyl and SeaMark canvases, excluding fading.
During the periods stated below from the earlier of the date of purchase or the date the product was put into service, Hewitt Machine & Mfg., Inc. (hereinafter “HEWITT”) shall cover the costs of parts needed to repair or replace any of the following products defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation, subject to the limitations and expectations contained herein.
1. 15 year warranty on aluminum welds;
2. 5 year warranty on the following:
a. BoatPort galvanized steel and welds;
b. Vinyl and SeaMark canvases; and
c. Aluminum decking.
3. 3 year warranty on BoatPort polyethylene tanks.
4. 2 year warranty on all other products and accessories.
(hereinafter the “Warranted Products”)
This Limited Warranty is subject to the following limitations and exceptions:
1. This Limited Warranty covers only Warranted Products manufactured by HEWITT. Non-HEWITT manufactured products are sold ” as is,” without warranty of any kind by HEWITT including any express warranty and implied warranty regarding MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAUMED. The sole warranty, if any, with respect to such non-HEWITT manufactured products is given by the manufacturer or producer thereof. Based upon HEWITT’s knowledge the following warranties are provided by other manufacturers: hydraulic pumps and hoses carry a manufacturer’s 2 year warranty. Hydraulic cylinders carry a manufacturer’s 1 year warranty. BoatPort controller carries a manufacturer’s 1 year warranty. However, HEWITT makes no representations or warranties concerning these non-HEWITT manufactured products, and the customer should inquire directly with such third party manufacturers regarding any
2. This Limited Warranty covers only Warranted Products purchased new by the original purchaser. This Limited Warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the HEWITT product.
3. This Limited Warranty does not cover the labor costs to repair or replace the Warranted Products.
4. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs to repair damage to the Warranted Products caused by corrosion, fading and minor deterioration resulting from exposure to the elements, including the sun, environmental factors or acts of God. “Environmental factors” include such things as airborne fallout, chemicals, tree sap, salt, ocean spray, water hazards. “Acts of God” include such things as fire or accident, rainstorms, hailstorms, windstorms, tornados, sandstorms, lightning, floods and earthquakes.
5. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs to repair damage to the Warranted Products caused by abuse, misuse, neglect, poor/improper maintenance, tampering with parts, improper or unauthorized adjustment or alteration.
6. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs to repair damage to the paint and/or finishes, puncture damage, dents, or scratches of the Warranted Products.
7. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs of normal/scheduled maintenance of the Warranted Products.
8. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs to repair damage to the Warranted Products caused by improper installation.
9. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs to repair damage to the Warranted Products caused by the failure to comply with specifications or instructions. Specifications and instructions are subject to change without notice.
10. HEWITT reserves the right to make changes in the Warranted Products at any time without incurring any obligation under this Limited Warranty to make the same or similar modifications on Warranted Products previously manufactured and/or sold.
11. In the event of a possible warranty claim, the Warranted Product shall be returned to HEWITT. If proven to be defective upon inspection, the defective Warranted Product shall be exchanged for new or comparable rebuilt products, as determined by HEWITT. and shipped back to the original owner/purchaser. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. Warranty replacement shall not extend the original warranty period of the defective Warranted Product. HEWITT must be notified in writing within one month of the expiration of the applicable period of the Limited Warranty for an item to be evaluated for warranty.
12. The customer’s remedies with respect to Warranted Products shall be exclusively limited to the repair or replacement remedy as provided in this Limited Warranty and in no event shall HEWITT be liable for loss of profits, revenues, savings, inconvenience, associated costs, expense for equipment or service, use of capital, facilities, services, storage charges, damage to property, or any other special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use or misuse of, or inability to use, the Warranted Product, regardless of the legal theory on which the claim is based, and even if HEWITT has been advised of such damages. In no event shall recovery of any kind against HEWITT be greater in amount than the purchase price of the Warranted Product sold by HEWITT and causing the alleged damage. Without limiting the foregoing, the purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to persons, animals or property arising out of use or misuse of, or inability to use, the Warranted Product. HEWITT is not liable for third party claims. In no event shall HEWITT be liable for incidental or consequential damages to the full extent such may be disclaimed by law.
13. This Limited Warranty is the only warranty between the parties. This Limited Warranty states the limits and association of risk between two parties. The customer acknowledges and understands this Limited Warranty and agrees to be bound by the terms contained herein. No other express or implied warranties or guaranties, except as indicated in this Limited Warranty, given by any person or entity with respect to HEWITT and its products shall bind HEWITT. This Limited Warranty supercedes all other warranties expressed or implied. NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE APPLY TO HEWITT AND ITS PRODUCTS AND ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Installation of pontoon legs may require minor modifications to your boat.
Protected by one or more of the following U.S. Patents: 6,907,835; 6,983,707; 7,051,665; 7,156,030 . Other patents pending.
Pontoon Legs and LifTrack are trademarks of Hewitt Machine and Manufacturing, Inc.